Saturday, September 13, 2008

Devastating Ike

So as some may not know, I was born in Houston and grew up in Dallas.  I ended up going to high school in Houston and a lot of my family lives there.  


My mammy drove up here the other day from Houston to get away from Hurricane Ike, but my pops had to stay.  My pops is a police officer and a very brave and dedicated man.  They are dedicating their lives to sleeping at the police for 3 days to help people.  I can't help but sit and worry about my pops out their in the storm fighting and doing whatever he can to help.
My pops has always been a man that will do anything for anyone and works harder than anyone I have ever met.  So please pray for my family in Houston and pray for all others who are being affected by the storm.

1 comment:

The Blonde Diaries said...

I have your dad in my thoughts. I evacuated from Houston myself.