Friday, December 5, 2008

Have you ever seen a vegetable?


Pepper Gradient
Originally uploaded by geo3pea
Have you ever held a vegetable's hand? I know it is a horrible show, but I am watching Grey's. They have a girl on the show that had an accident and has brain damage, they used the term vegetable and said how she was "dead." Her poor sister was so hurt and just wanted her to be able to hear her.

See I know exactly what it feels like to have a loved one on the table and hold their hand... and have every doctor tell you that they are dead. It's so hard to come to terms with someone being brain dead and still be "alive". My senior year of high school, I found my mother not breathing and from October 21st to November 4 she lived on life support. She couldn't breathe, eat, move... nothing on her own. But with every cell in my body I just wanted her to be alive, I mean really alive. When I touched her cold cold hand, I prayed she would squeeze it back. Could she actually hear me, medically maybe not. But my heart always knows that her heart and soul could hear me. I know that my mother knew how much I loved her. Everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that. I am just missing her so much tonight!

No comments: